Emergency Dentistry – Northgate, WA
Let Us Ease Your Pain and Stress
Dental emergencies tend to be unexpected and inconvenient by nature. Maybe your son is crying about a cracked tooth after running around on the playground, or maybe a dull discomfort in the back of the mouth has suddenly blossomed into searing pain a few days before a big work trip. At Sage Family Dentistry, we understand that you need to be seen now when these serious concerns pop up, not in a few days or weeks. Dr. Sage makes every effort to see both new and current patients on the same day as their initial call – he even comes in on the weekends when you really need him. Our goal is to provide fast and effective relief, helping you get back to your regular routine without too much worry or downtime. Don’t hesitate to contact your emergency dentist in Northgate if you find yourself in trouble!
What is Considered a Dental Emergency?
Sometimes, it can be difficult to tell if an injury is urgent or not. Most patients prefer to avoid making a big deal out of a small problem, but there’s nothing worse for your oral and overall health than leaving an issue to progress into something more severe. Here are some dilemmas that our team would consider urgent in nature:
- Cracked or fractured tooth
- Partially dislodged tooth
- Knocked-out tooth
- Severe toothache
- Lost or damaged restoration
- Foreign object lodged in or between teeth
- Injured jaw or gum tissue
There are certain situations in which we may refer you to your local emergency room first. Typically, we’ll do this with issues such as a broken jaw or various facial injuries. Then, once you’ve been medically treated, we can take care of your post-injury dental needs!
How Can You Prevent Dental Emergencies?
While it’s impossible to completely avoid dental emergencies altogether, there are definitely things you can do to reduce you and your loved ones’ risk of experiencing a stressful surprise. Here are some helpful tips we have to offer:
- Schedule your routine checkups and cleanings with Sage Family Dentistry! We’re experts when it comes to catching dental problems when they’re still small and preventing them from becoming tomorrow’s emergencies.
- Be careful when eating foods that are very tough or sticky.
- Don’t chew on the solid ice in your drink.
- Use scissors to cut tape and open tricky packaging, not your teeth.
- Always wear a nightguard if you know that you suffer from bruxism (teeth grinding). Get a sports guard as well if you regularly play sports with physical contact.
What Should You Do if You Find Yourself in An Emergency?
In the case of an emergency, it’s important to stay calm. You can call our office and we can walk you through what to do until you’re able to get to us. This way, we can help you reduce your chance of experiencing additional pain and take the necessary steps to preserve your oral health and smile. At Sage Family Dentistry, our team of professionals has got your back, even if you find yourself in a stressful situation!